Week Seven – Monday, July 4th – Friday, July 8th

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Weekly Reflection

This week felt really short.  Devon and I both took off the 4th of July, so we tried to get as much done as possible, both working long hours.  Devon continued to work on the sync adaptor while I started the tile for the Microsoft Band 2.  The biggest obstacle that I am facing with the Band 2 is a lack of documentation of issues.  It is still a relatively new device and not a lot has been programmed onto it, so typical places like StackOverflow don’t provide much assistance.  However, I am moving along and hope to have it finished next week.  Earlier in the program, Devon and I had explored the tile and putting apps on the tile.  We were able to get an app on the tile if we sent it through an app on an android phone, however I now have to figure out how to automate it as opposed to the user having to hit start.  I am also hopeful that I can get this done next week.  This week we only had one meeting with Majdah due the 4th and then the celebration at the end of Ramadan.  It was a very productive meeting and Majdah is going to send us some more articles to read in the coming weeks to better our related works section of our paper.

Tasks

This is a list of the tasks Devon and I either completed or still need to complete individually/together

O – Completed This Week                                             O – To Do Next Week

ProHealth Deliverables

O Continued working on Paper

O Reviewer Response Table

O Blog Posts – Week 7

O Updated Personal Website

O Lightning Talk

O Continue Working on Paper

O Blog Posts – Week 8

O Poster

ESM Application

O Started working on Microsoft Band Tile

O Connection to phpMyAdmin

o Java Sync Adapter Files

o PHP Scripts

O Continue working on Alarm Algorithm

O Continue working on Microsoft Band Tile

Daily Reflections

Saturday – Monday

With this weekend being a long weekend, I took the opportunity to go home.  I went down to Fayetteville, Arkansas to see my mom, the pets, and the new house.  One of my sorority sisters from Valpo, Olivia, works for Boeing in Oklahoma City, so she drove to Arkansas to help my mom move in.  Olivia didn’t know that I was coming so it was a nice surprise.  The three of us explored Fayetteville and the surrounding areas and had a really nice time.  Apparently Walmart’s headquarters are in Bentonville, AR, which is only about 40 mins away, so on Saturday we went to Bentonville to explore and went to a Dog Bakery to get treats for my dog Emma but we also went to the Walmart museum.  Olivia and I drove around the University of Arkansas on Sunday.  The campus is very different from Valpo; it’s huge! It is really nice though and we had a nice time.  We explored their Greek life while we were there.  They don’t have a Gamma Phi Beta chapter but we enjoyed seeing all of the various other sororities and fraternities they have.  The drive each way is about 9 hours, but it is nothing compared to the drive to Boston (16 hours!).  I got to see a lot of fireworks in St. Louis when I was driving back to Bloomington.  Overall the weekend was much needed and enjoyed.  I included some pictures below.

My mom, Olivia the human, and Olivia the cat together with Emma photobombing in the back.

Olivia with Emma.  Emma was jealous of Olivia the cat and needed a picture too.

This is the Kappa Kappa Gamma house at the University of Arkansas, which is the largest sorority house in America at about 46,000 sq. ft..

FullSizeRender

This is an arch with the Pi Beta Phi sorority letters leading to the center of campus.

Olivia, my mom, and I went out to a farm to table restaurant and I got the risotto, which was delicious!

Tuesday

I got an early start to the day at 6:45am.  I spent a lot of the day updating my personal website and really starting over again on Wix instead of wordpress.  A link to my website is in the links section below.  I also spent time beginning the implementation of the survey onto the tile.  It is slow going but so far so good.

Wednesday

Most of the day was spent on the tile.  I have some things to figure out such as checkboxes and images but those shouldn’t be too difficult (hopefully!).  We had a workshop on financing graduate school.  It was very helpful for me and I learned more not only about the financing but also which programs I might be interested in applying for.  IU seems like a really good school for graduate studies and I am considering it very much.

Thursday

We had our first meeting with Majdah for the week.  It went really well and she is going to share about 6-7 articles with us for our paper.  I spent the morning working on the lightning talk slide show and speech.  Overall I think that I am prepared but I don’t think you can ever be too prepared so I am going to practice more tonight.  Below is the storyboard Devon and I worked on for our poster as well as my lightning talk.

Storyboard

1. Introduction
    1. Overview of ESM StressDiary Application
  2. Demo (Walk Through Application)
    1. Show Application’s Connection to Microsoft Band 2
    2. Heart Rate Alarms
    3. Surveys
      1. Survey on Microsoft Band Tile
      2. Pending Surveys on Android Phone
    4.  Databases
      1. Local SQLite Databse
      2. phpMyAdmin MySQL Database
      3. Sync Adapter
  3.  Future Works
    1. Overview the Use of the Application in the New Mothers Study

Lightning Talk

Will be uploaded once it is finalized…it was too long

Friday

Friday will be our usual busy day.  We will have our usual meetings as well as the ProHealth tea where we will present our lightning talks.  Devon and I plan to spend the morning finishing up ProHealth deliverables and the three hour block from 12pm-3pm on the alarm algorithm.

Links

Website

Aislinn’s Website