Link

As excited as I was for joining the IU-SROC program, it was tempered by the knowledge that I would be leaving for it directly after finishing a final, as my school, Rose-Hulman, doesn’t officially end its finals until the next week, May 25th. The weekend ended up being a great time, getting to know other the other research students who I’ll be spending the next 10 weeks with.

We spent the weekend at Bradford Woods, where we were first all introduced to each other through various summer camp-esque, activites, as well as bonding over excessive mosquitos.

After spending the first day just getting to know each other, we had a nice bonfire, and then went off to play Cards Against Humanity as our first real unsupervised time.

The next morning was spent mostly inside, our ropes-course trust activities interrupted by some of the longest rolling thunder I’ve ever experienced.

After making do with what we could inside, we made a wet run to lunch, following which we spent the evening climbing towers, canoeing, and more fire, before departing early the next morning.