Friday’s Blog

Friday:

I woke up after a night of completing the CITI and RCR certificate courses where I found myself in a less than balanced awareness to take on the day. In response, I quickly took care of some hygiene tasks for the day and snoozed away till around 8:30AM. I then got up, put my clothes on, and went to meet my SROC research partner so that we could arrive at the computer science building together as I was still unfamiliar with Indiana University’s landscape. We met up with the senior student who would be working with us since the professor overseeing the project and the Doctorate student mentor were both away on business. The senior student then suggested we go to the library as there was a bigger screen so that we could begin doing Python tutorials to get us up to speed on the project. Afterwards, I and my fellow SROC student departed for the eatery beneath the library which had surprisingly well-prepared food in the form of French fries and cheeseburgers. After finishing my two trays of fries along with a cheeseburger, my fellow SROC student and I attended the elevator speech competition being held in Informatics East. I was too full to eat any cake so I let everyone else eat, as I had been content with food at the eatery I forgot about the deserts that were going to be served at ProHealth. Afterwards, my research team met once again within Informatics East, where the focus was sharing the files containing crucial data for the project as well as the methods by which to view the data. The day was undeniably productive for both programs, allowing us all to be prepared for the week that would follow. In between the traveling that I had wit my research team around campus, I was taught more about Indiana University’s history as well as its loose partnership with Purdue that has raised questions in recent years. It was during this history lesson that I also learned the reputation of the Fine Arts department that was such a significant investment of Indiana University.